Friday, August 05, 2005

TGIWTF, Mate?

So to recap: Monday was uneventful, like all Mondays, nothing went on, so that's fine. Tuesday I was supposed to get sushi with the work crowd- 4 cancellations= no sushi. Wednesday was supposed to be a bikini contest (I could care less, honestly) with $0.50 wells- 3 no-calls= no drinking with people. Thursday, drink specials at Billiards Bar with Maggy O. or people from work off lower Greenville- 2 cancellations, 1 whilst I was sitting in hellish traffic= no billiards or drinks. Last night was rescued from certain doom (read: drinking at home watching a movie) by Tiffany who wanted to drink and watch MST3K with me (I had some Spanish wine and some cheese, so it was nice) but lack of sleep on my part with wine and exhaustion did not mix so I cut it short and went home (it's a bit of a drive back) and actually got 4 hours of good, solid sleep- I was proud at myself for that.

Work is totally non-existent today, as I had nothing to do today, and the only reason I'm still here is that I get fed at the end of the day by the GSO. I had lunch with Faith and Nikki and they always know how to make me laugh until my sides hurt. I had another little lunch thing with Misty and as I was about to leave, Drs. Dal Nogare, Weissler, and Mehrad all ran into me and we chatted for a while (these gentlemen work or have worked with my dad and are in the pulmonary crew for Parkland whereas my dad and Dr. Pitchard work in the VA). It was nice to talk to them, as they've known me most of my life and I actually worked in their lab last year, plus it's nice to talk to really smart doctors once in a while when you plan to hopefully join their ranks (the doctor part, not really the smart part).

I will post pictures of my mixer setup today when I get home after fighting Friday rush-hour traffic, so expect those sometime later this evening. I was trying to mix at home last night but my mom keeps telling me to turn it down (it's not that loud, she just assumes it is). She called my "robot music" "just noise" yesterday and I told her didn't her parents tell her that about the music she liked as a 20-something? But I think I'm getting better, it will just take more practice. I think I'm going to go out to a club with some of the SURF people tonight, I just need to find a spot with good drink specials or at the very least good music. We'll see how it goes, but given this week's track-record, I may be sitting on my ass all evening at home.

In other news, my bestest-buddy, Mike Hanson, has a problem. If you or anyone you know needs a place to live for the year, call him, as his girlfriend needs another roomate. She lives right off campus in the apartments behind Jack-In-The-Box on the Drag. The rent is $585/month (which is cheap for being one block away from campus). It doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl. Give mike a message or a call at (469) 879-1885 or ml_hanson@hotmail.com for more details. Mike and I have been friends since we were three, so I'd like to help him out. Randi (his girlfriend) has a really nice place and it's very big, so I'm sure it'll work great for anyone. If anyone knows people in the Co-op programs (Julie, know anyone?) that need a place, that would be fine too!

A big shout-out goes to Matthew John Donovan who turns 21 today. If you're in Houston and know him, buy the man a pint because he can now drink legaly in every country he calls home! Nick's (my roomate) birthday is on the 9th too, so drink with him if you can.


But I am le tired

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home