Monday, August 01, 2005

Daily Grinding (To a Halt)

Such an exausting weekend! I had a fun time, but I was so tired, I was kinda grumpy or zombified the whole time. I went to 2 clubs (for the record: Uropa blows and the only good DJs were way in the back and I like talking to those guys, and Purgatory is ok, but fuck your $10 cover, I'm over 21 you assholes! Plus the DJ that everyone was dancing to couldn't mix a track to save his life, and a one point was just playing a CD!) blew a ton of cash, did chores galore, and other odds and ends to get ready for Austin. I'm just going through the motions at work, and although I'm supposed to be working with the lab manager, she's not really looking over my shoulder at all. That's a mixed blessing, as on one hand I don't want to be baby-sat but on the other, maybe a fresh pair of hands working on the project will push it along. I'm supposed to be eating lunch with Vincent Tran today at St. Paul, so that should be cool. I talked with the infamous Michael L. Hanson yesterday and he's back in Austin. He said he had a great time up north with his femme fatal, Randi McKenna. I can't wait to start hanging out with them again, I've missed hanging out with that duo. Mike says he has pictures for me to see and I can't wait. I'm going back to Austin in a week from Friday, so that'll be cool. I still have to find a bed before I move...hmmm...

I didn't get invited to the Faculty Club (an amazing resturant in the school) this year, but I suppose they don't have to wine and dine me to come here any more. I've been putting in aplications to about 10 or so jobs with different places around Austin (everything from music magazines to research jobs, to cafe spots) and hopefully I'll hear back from some of them and land me a job to supplement the ol' income. I was on the phone a lot this weekend to my phone company people and my credit card company about trying to get a new card (mine expired yesterday) and being on the phone with giant companies is pretty stupid. But today is not a total loss: it is payday and I think I'll go get a beer or something with Maggy tonight. I hope everyone has a good Monday because I have a feeling the week's gonna shoot by!


Got me a pocket full of change

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

What music magazine did you apply to?

Gimme a call. I think there maybe a party on Aug 13...

11:36 AM  
Blogger wcyarbrough said...

A party you say? I've heard so much about these parties and am intrigued by them. Where would such a thing take place and should I bring imbibements or musical merriment?

11:54 AM  
Blogger wcyarbrough said...

Oh, and I just found out that the people that are supposed to pay me have just fucked off for the day, so I should get paid tomorrow (now today is devoid of meaning at work).

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, im slow! august was a long time ago and we don't mix up at uropa anymore, but thanks for that link :) ah well, definately better things. by the way, our site is finally being updated quite frequently, and you can surely mark it as a place for tight new beats :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home