Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Still Just A Rat In A Cage...

So my experiement failed again. That makes it a total of 8 times now that I've either gotten no result or have a result that isn't what I need. This officially marks the exaustion of any ideas I have on this project and my subsequent resignation of the idea that anything I do in the next 5-7 days will accomplish anything other than a waste of resourses and my time. My PI is still in Boston and really, I couldn't care less. No one in the lab (save Sunbola and I) talk at all and even if we do it's not long. Sunbola and I had a pretty funny 30 min. talk about weddings and I laughed my ass off when she said, in regards to old friends who think she is stuck up simply because she comes back with a masters and in graduate school when they haven't graduated undergraduate from community college, "Don't be mad at me, it's not my fault you're worthless because you won't work for it." She didn't mean that because they are in community college (there's nothing wrong with those) but because the friends had no ambition to make something of themselves.

I'm so sick of the lab, my head actually hurts when thinking about getting back to doing anything that resembles work of any kind. It's almost like I'm trapped in the job, in limbo because I can't very well quit, I have 7 days left, no poster, no data, and nothing much left to do besides try the same damned thing over and over again with the same damned result: nothing! So I am escaping early for a quick lunch lecture and then I'm going to the IKEA grand-opening for a bed. I really hope they have the one I want, I'm really excited about getting a place to sleep other than the rock-hard bed I have in Dallas. I miss my Austin people very much and I'm coming down not this weekend but the next, so we shall all have fun and merriment! Happy Birthday to Katie, Matt, Sanjita, and Nick. If I left you out, tell me. I'm afraid I can't write anymore because being on the lab computer sucks all my energy through the monitor.


We've got to get out of this place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home