Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Stress: Breakfast of Champions (Now with Fiber!)

So I'm not sure what is exactly wrong with me...I was on edge all day yesterday with no real reason to be that way. I was stressed out about work, the phone call, not seeing many of my friends, and generally having a stressful summer when I needed an non-stressful one after the goddamned MCATs. I really ought to be thinking that I have it pretty good. I have a place where I can get $1 beer for half the week, I have a job that pays (even if it sucks at times), I have new music, I'm done with medical school applications, I get to see people in Austin this weekend and go to a wedding with great food, and I get to see some old friends tomorrow that I've not seen in a long time. I think all the stress is building up towards the culmination of the summer and that's most likely what's got me down. I think I should run more or something to work the stress out physically (we have punching bags at the gym at work).

Let me see...In other news, my cells got in yesterday, and now I can do some actual work with my experiment! I feel only half-hearted about doing anything more (I have 3 weeks left) because it's not really going towards any goal per-se, but I guess I am getting paid and if anyone would ever want to take up the experiment at a later date (I'd doubt that, but you never know) then I guess I might be able to finish making the virus, just not testing it. This has been by far, on the scientific front, the worst summer of my undergraduate career. If I wasn't getting paid to do this, I'd be in Austin taking physics or history or some such bullshit course that I need to graduate.

I made an error with those books that I ordered. I had them sent to my Austin Address but unfortunately my old Austin address (read: Roberts Hall). I deem this "Not a good thing" and I'm going to call the Waller Creek Offices today and see if they can hold the package until I get in on Friday and pick them up by hand. I'm sure they can and would understand my problem. I know they call the people to whom the package belongs during the year, but I'm not sure of the summer policy. Thanks for posting yesterday gals, that helped my otherwise crummy day. I resolve to be more in control of my thoughts and emotions today, and have a much better day today than I did yesterday, though the lack of sleep may also be contributing to my stress level as well.

Silly me, I almost forgot that I got new shoes yesterday (I need to get a belt today) they're super spiffy and super comfortable! I think they look good with my suit, but they have no laces, so that part is interesting! They make the suit look nice without being too formal and I think they'll last a long time. Post and tell me what you think!


Always add the milk last

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I like your new shoes. I have a black pair by that company too. (Remember my clunky black shoes?)

As for the DHFS policy about calling people re: packages during the year, it's really up to whoever is working the desk. But if someone called and offered to pick it up, then they would usually say yes, because its less work for them ;p

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home