Friday, August 05, 2005

My Hand-Made Setup

Here it is, as I promised: My setup for my DJ equipment. Here are a few pictures of the whole thing from different views:




This is the control unit that acts as the "turntables" you can use the wheels as the record platter.



This is the Mixer unit that takes two inputs and plays them over one another. See the horizontal slider on the bottom? That selects which imput is played loudest. CD1 is total on the left and CD2 is on all the way on the right, while the middle plays both at the same time (read: mix).



This is the front of the box, and the thing on the bottom is the actual CD player(s) itself. The middle thing is the power button and the two black things are the CD trays.



This is the side of the box, made from black painted MDF with a poly-urathane coat. The handles (the other side looks the same) are forward because the weight is centered up front.



This is the top of the box, looking down over it. The space in the back is there to allow me to put my hands back there for easy cord issues without having to go around to the back of the unit (although that's open too) and fix stuff on the fly. I know it looks like there isn't a bottom, but it's there and the flash just made my carpet look the same color of the untreated MDF (it isn't).



The last picture, this is my whole setup (minus speakers) which I can take around with me and only need one wall socket and one set of RCA speakers and I'm good to go. I'll post other pictures of me playing them sometime soon (maybe when I get good enough to host my own parties).

That's about all for now, just felt like putting those out there for those who wanted to see what I kept talking about. The whole thing there cost me about $600 but with the condition of the stuff and it's new custom case, I could probably get a grand if I felt like selling this stuff to upgrade my kit.


Home-made just tastes better

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow, looks very swank-- I can't wait to learn how it sounds too!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home