Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Keeping Busy

I can't believe that I've still got so much work to do! I have a full day of experiments today and I have no clue what's going on tonight, whenever I get a chance to go out. I'm starting to pack things up and hopefully will be able to take a good car-load down to Austin on Friday after I get done checking out for work. I spent most of last night tagging my records with their BPM, which is a little tool to help me learn what records go together well. I went over to Mike Tann's for this little party he had. Way more people than expected showed up (much to his fathers chagrin) and I was, again, the oldest person there. I mean, when I have pissed drunk 17 year-olds mad at me because I cut off their 100-proof vodka supply because they were under 100 lbs each and drinking the stuff like it was water, it's time to leave. I did get to hang with Mike, Albert, Whitney, and Meredith (people at least near my age) and that was good (we actually kept up mature drinking conversation and we weren't there to get smashed). Most of the people there knew my brother and his infamous parties (keeping in mind that he's 3 years younger than me) and acted around me the same way they would around him. Some of the brighter ones caught on and stopped being such children, but it wasn't too bad. I can't wait to have a real party though (at least going until 6 the next day).

I called the Birthday Boy (read: roommate) last night and they did a great job getting him all drunk and happy. I'm glad he had a good time, and I'm glad to welcome him into the ranks of the Brotherhood of the Glass. I can't wait until I get to see everyone this weekend and I'm very excited about moving a few things into my new apartment, even if Michelle is moving out soon. Nick went down to sixth with a pretty big group, so I hope they all got back safe and sound and I hope they will have the same stamina built up that I have had to acquire this summer: going out drinking or at the very least staying out late until awful hours only to have to get up (if I sleep) a few hours later to go to work for another long day. My body is a machine now: requiring little sleep, large quantities of booze, good music, good friends and long hours. Bring it on, Austin- I can hardly wait!


Idle hands are the devil's workshop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home