Friday, July 15, 2005

Weekend Warrior

I just got the news that I don't have to come into work this weekend, which is nice because I have a ton of things that I need to get done (read: haircut, oil change, etc) and I'd rather not spend all my days at work for something that's not giving me results anyway! This is mostly due to the fact that the cells I ordered won't be in until next week, so I've got a whole lot of nothing until then. I think I'm going to get a few new CDs this weekend to listen too as well, just because I haven't gotten any CDs in a few months now. Mike Tann came over last night and we watched some TV and I spun a few records. Tonight promises to be more friend-oriented, with Brian, Mike and Haley (his new girl), Andrew, House (Amy), possibly Nikki and a friend of hers and maybe even Sunbola and Laide! I hope the jazz is good and I have anough energy for all the galleries (I've not hung out in the modern stuff in a good long while). Brian's Rebecca is coming into town in a day or so, so he'll be out of the picture for a while, at least.

So I should have my suit done on Monday and I think I need a new pair of dress shoes, but that means I need a new belt (I've lost weight too, so a new belt was in order anyway) because a gentleman always matches his shoes and belt. I should look damned spiffy in this new suit! I'm also excited about going to Austin, as I've really started to miss the laid-back atmosphere of the place. I've decided to do my hair at least one last time, when I cut it this weekend, as the black has kinda grown on me. Mike and I were checking out all the fun stuff on the inter-web last night like threadless and ytmnd just for some kicks. I wish my work wasn't so stressful and then I micht enjoy my summer a bit more and not be worried about work, coz I'm always worried about school when it's during the year. Speaking of school, I'm only one more letter of recomendation away from being done with the med school stuff, so that does make me a happy lad!

I finished PiHKAL and was thinking about starting TiHKAL but I need to find a bookstore to carry it first. I picked up T.H. White's The Once and Future King and am plugging along through that because I used to love the stories as a kid and I'm glad to be reading them again. It's a great work and I'd suggest it to anyone. Post a comment to tell me you're still alive out there, not just my two loyal readers! Cheers to all of you and I hope you have a good weekend!



Everybody's working for the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm okay when he's still at that level but since I've known him I've always had to struggle to pay attention when he starts using acronyms and science-y words like "ligase." :\

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home