Thursday, July 14, 2005

All Fall Down

Well, it's not nice to see something you thought was going so well, turn around to slap you in the face with defeat. It's even worse at eight in the morning. My boss has no idea what the problem is, there's nothing in the literature to help, all the old notebooks that have done things like this don't help either. I went to see Jessica's boss to see if she could help, but all she said was that I've accounted for almost every conceivable control and that the last thing I could try would be a desperation move and break down all the steps into long, drawn out steps and do everything one at a time. I'm not really sure this will work, but I'm out of options, so there you go. My roommate and I had a talk yesterday in which he told me he wanted to go into medicine, that he couldn't do lab work his whole life and that he wanted to do some research with some meaning or at least some applications that could be seen in foreseeable settings. Nick is a good scientist, but the way he speaks about science and research, doesn't remind me of the clinical physicians I know. He sounds like a M.D./Ph.D. student and I hope he looks into that because he's exactly the kind of person they need/ are looking for! The program is hard, takes about 8 years to finish, but I think he could do it. They're really selective, but I doubt with his grades and probable MCAT scores, he would have much of a problem with that.

Michael Hanson leaves today to go visit Randi, so I hope he stays safe and has a good time out in the wilds of Wyoming or wherever the hell the park she works at is located. I really need to start hanging out with my friends more this next year, as I kinda got out of touch with the friends with all the MCAT mess. I looked at a suit from Men's Warehouse, it's a charcoal grey (dark) three-button light wool suit. I must say, I look good...scratch that, deadly in that thing! Here's what it looks like, it has a very athletic cut to it, which I like in a suit and is conservative enough for medical school interviews. I wish I didn't have such broad shoulders/ biceps because it makes the suits cost more, but I think my 'rents might help me out with it.

Thanks for the posts on the beds, and you were right: the one really does look like a park bench of sorts, so I think I'll go with this one, just imagine the white mattress as a futon instead of a box spring and in black. I was told "that's so you," although I'm not totally sure what was meant by that. I do dig the bed though and it will be interesting, although a lot of comments about how low it is have surfaced. Futon is a bastardization of shikibuton or "bedding" in Japanese. They're placed directly on the floor and then rolled up when not in use. Cheap, and good back support, how can you go wrong?

I got my MP3 player back from the company yesterday, but I haven't gotten around to charging it or putting music onto it. That will be plans for tonight as well as trying to have some people over for a movie night or something to that effect. I haven't hung out with Brian in a while and I think Andrew, Emma, and Nick Olsen should come too. I want Michael Tann, Brian, and Andrew to come with me out to the jazz/ DJ thing at the DMA tomorrow. Andrew will come for the art, Brian for the jazz, and Michael because this new girl he's trying to hook up with will think he's cultured and refined for going to the museum. This weekend will be busy though, and I need a haircut. Here's another thing I need help with: should I do the black again or let my natural color grow out? Any thoughts on the matter?


Ashes to ashes

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hmm, I was going to say grow it out because seeing your hair dyed makes me want to bleach mine again.

On the other hand, our hair is kinda creepily the same shade naturally.

But then again, the very black hair almost makes you look overly asian-philic...

So its up to you ;p

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home