Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy July Some-Thing-or-Other

Well, as an employee of the United States Government (read: "The Man") I got off for a 3 day weekend this past weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, Brian, Andrew, Joel and I all had a big ass lawn sale. We made about $300 all told, so it wasn't such a bad haul. Brian came out with the most, but I didn't do bad either, though I wish I had sold more not just for the cash, but rather to get rid of some of the stuff. I sold a lot of books, but it pissed me off that we got such a low price for them and we had so many. I really thought we were going to make much more off the books than we did. I went to the lake on Saturday with Mike Hanson and Scott Edmiston. It was nice getting out to the lake and drinking with old friends. Sunday was super hot, and I got a nice red burn on my face and back. I don't think I'll peel, but it still wasn't good. After the sale on Sunday I was all set to have my Communist Party after I had dinner at El Fenix with Michelle. After going to the store, picking up my stuff, I called Brian, who remarked he was too tired, and that he didn't want to do anything that night. Well those plans went down the shitter, but thanks go out to Michael Tann for coming through in a pinch to deliver some fireworks action and then a party that went until four in the morning. It took forever to get to Mike T's place as all the roads into Addison! were blocked off by the 5-0.

We had to rescue poor Whitney (a very nice friend of Michael's who is in training to become a chef) as her car broke down before she got to Mike's . After a little drink mix display by me, and the subsequent tipsy-ness this caused in everybody (such a low tolerance) I took the job of driving. After getting there and mixing some more, everybody was really friendly with me and I thought I recognized quite a few people but could not remember where I had seen them all. After taking Whitney back home so she could sleep it off, I was going back when it hit me: the people at the party looked familiar because they were mostly the younger brothers and sisters of people I had gone to school with. So hooray for being the oldest, and only legal person at the damned thing, but it was fun nonetheless.

Monday, I did my best to not have any work to do as I had already put off work on Saturday. I hung out all day and was lazy in the evening until Mike Hanson gave me a ring and we saw George A Romero's Land of the Dead at 8. After the movie we went to Brian's, where Andrew, Bane, Emma, Tiffany (Dunn Brother's Tiffany, not White, Austin Tiffany), and Nick were hanging out. I played X-Box for a bit (Halo II) and got the snot beat out of me by Mike. Brian's door broke when I shut it to let Maggy Potts in, and Brian, being a bit chemically fueled (Brian has seemingly eschewed the sweet kiss of alcohol for his new imbibement, to my chagrin) declared that I "broke his door." This seemed to be a bit much but regardless, I spent the next hour and a half removing the door, and trying to fix the mechanism. I fixed it well for the time being, but he really needs a locksmith. Maggy let me rant at her for a few hours, so that was super nice of her.

I was a little miffed at some of my co-worker friends who neglected to call me back because they didn't get back until two in the morning (don't they know that I'm still up and moving?) but did promise to go out to the pub with me tomorrow night for $1 pint night. I need to convince Brian that we need to have another shindig before his parents come back in town. Well, there's my three day weekend in a nutshell: alcohol, friends, work, sunburn, and no sleep the whole time. No wonder I feel like crap today!


vacation, all I ever wanted...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I prefer this site myself.

Your weekend sounds very busy there all in one place! But next weekend will be more fun ;p What are we gonna do btw?

Have fun at pint night!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home