Saturday, March 26, 2005

The player's on random

Well, taking an idea from a few ppl, I took the time to put my playlist on random and see what came out. Everyone has been doing 20 random songs, but I figured that since I have about 60 hrs of music on my hard drive alone (not counting my 300+ CDs or 100 or so vinyl records) I thought I'd put down a whole whopping 50 songs of musical random X-tacy. There are, however no repeat artists, coz that would just be boring, not to mention the fact that I have so many damned artists that WMP10 must be out of whack to keep putting artists back up after I heard them once! So here they are in the order in which they were received:

  1. Transmission Central – Thievery Corporation
  2. Who’s Your Daddy? – Mint Royale
  3. Once in a Lifetime – Talking Heads
  4. Revolution – Beatles
  5. Dr. Evil – They Might Be Giants
  6. Tribute (The Greatest Song in the World) – Tenacious D
  7. Swallowed – Bush
  8. The Lumberjack Song – Monty Python
  9. Know Your Enemy – Rage Against the Machine
  10. Venus – Air
  11. Let the Good Times Roll – Cars
  12. Starshine – Gorillaz
  13. Uptown Girl – Reel Big Fish
  14. November Rain – Guns n’ Roses
  15. We’re Turning Again – Frank Zappa
  16. Cannon in D Minor – Pachabel
  17. Come Undone – Duran Duran
  18. Pop Shit – N.E.R.D.
  19. Tragic Kingdom – No Doubt
  20. Dance Hall – Modest Mouse
  21. Fuck Police Brutality – Anti-Flag
  22. Agenda Suicide – The Faint
  23. The Son Never Shines on Closed Doors – Flogging Molly
  24. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
  25. Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
  26. Hot Damn – Neptunes
  27. What Time Is It? – Spin Doctors
  28. I Know Him So Well – Chess
  29. Loser – Beck
  30. Kinky Reggae – Bob Marley
  31. Okay Nightmare – Caviar
  32. Jaw Gymnastics – Del the Funky Homosapien
  33. Boring Town – Less Than Jake
  34. Piano Man – Billy Joel
  35. Für Elise – Beethoven
  36. Circles – Soul Coughing
  37. Jump in the Line – Schrodinger’s Cat
  38. Slideshow at Free University – Le Tigre
  39. Heroes – David Bowie
  40. Fields of Gold – Sting
  41. Beeflog – Brak
  42. The Bitch is Back – Elton John
  43. Bad Boy Boogie – AC/DC
  44. Don’t Stand So Close to Me – Police
  45. Sexed Up – Robbie Williams
  46. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen Cover) – Rockapella
  47. You Would Give Me Kiss, If I Were on Soccer Team – Group X
  48. Intergalactic – Beastie Boys
  49. Singing In My Sleep – Semisonic
  50. Candy Cane Children – White Stripes
So that's the list, leave a note on what you think. I think I'll try to do the same with my CD collection too as soon as I get my hands on something that will hold them all at once or a system that will work for randomization.


I don't need you bitch, I'm on Rubik's Cube team.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice dude. Loving the Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, They Might Be Giants, and Modest Mouse. You should check out The Stingers ATX and Catch-22 if you haven't already-more great ska!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said to read your goddamn blog. Well I'm here. You haven't updated in a while. *glares*

- Katie

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home