Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hits Like a Ton of Bricks

Went to an interesting lunch lecture today about E. coli. It was alright but I got there on time instead of early and therefore missed the "lunch" portion of the lunch lecture. It was pizza so perhaps it was a good thing that I didn't get any and instead went back to lab to have some protein mix. The experiment is going along well, although I had to make a run to North Campus today (i.e. I had to take the bus) and get back to get the stuff on ice. I'm checking to make sure that all my DNA for the experiment is facing the right way and wasn't put in upside-down. In other news, Andrew Tolentino, Brian Gore, and I are having a garage sale this weekend to earn us some cash because we're all flat broke. I don't know how you feel about garage sales, but I hate to sell stuff I like for little cash. Mind you, it's mostly books I don't use and clothes I don't wear on my end, but it does speak something to one's sense of style and such when your items either don't sell or sell for such a cheap-o price. I'm not sure which of the two is worse, but I certainly hope to make $150 out of all this (if everything of mine sells, mind you).

Seems like putting our sale on craigslist was a good idea, as I've already sold about all of our books before sale time, and I've gotten a few emails as to times and prices on a few things. I have a positive feeling about all this, and I hope over two days we can get a lot of items sold! If you're that interested in our ad, you can see it here (under Monday 06/27). I hope someone comes to buy our stuff. I've been going to Two Rows a lot due to their idea to sell handcrafted pints for a cool dollar all day/all night on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It's fun and I went with Maggy Potts, Andrew, Nick Olsen and his friend Chris (from A&M). We had a pretty good time, but I was so tired I don't think I made for much of the conversation starter. Brian got a job after trying somewhere in the rage of about 50 different places. The unfortunate thing is that it's at his old job, surveying land. This entails all day in the hot sun, with poison ivy, chiggers, ticks, and did I mention the sun? So if you know Brian, tell him it's going to be OK. I think Andrew got a job with a security company in Dallas working for their advertisment section. Thats what he says anyway, but I think they're training him to kill ninjas that are always around the Dallas area. I get paid on friday which is good, because I owe my 'rents a fair amount of money, and I need to get a suit for the wedding this next month. I just saw the menu for the rehersal dinner, and I got drool on my shirt. Well, I'm doing better in my frequency of posts, now if only someone will read it all....

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I read it all!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home