Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's starting to look a lot like...

December. There are far too many holidays to keep track of over this month, but whatcha gonna do? Thanksgiving was pretty good, though many people canceled on our drinking plans to go back early etc. (some people clearly can't stand their own family) and so I hung out with Michael Hanson quite a bit. I watched UT almost lose to A&M, but now we're going to the Rose Bowl, so that's no so bad. I watched a Thanksgiving Bondathon (all James Bond films, all the time) with Mike and it was great because I'm a huge Bond fan. We also went to go see the new Harry Potter movie and I finally broke down and started reading the novels. They are very well written and easy to the point of near speed reading, which is good, consitering they're really hard to put down. The story is engaging and insofar as I've seen the movies, I kinda know what's going to happen. I started reading the first book sunday night, and now I'm almost done with the third book. My youngest brother, Ben, was nice enough to lend me 1-4 and I'll see what I can do to procure the 5th and 6th books. Mike hasn't read the 6th one, so maybe I'll get it for him as a holiday gift.

I've got plenty of end-of-semester parties lined up, Katie and Michelle are both hosting holiday parties, Kim is hosting a birthday party, and I'm sure Andrew or Mike will plan something. I'm thinking about staying in Austin for a while after my last final (on the 19th no less- UT's last final day) just to bum around Austin before heading back. Last night was the tree lighting at the capitol building, so downtown was packed full of people as we sat at the bar in Silhouette, which is our new favorite sushi hangout. The bartender, Todd, is a really nice guy and he mixes up some great drinks! I suggest the Lychee Martini with top-shelf vodka, sake, and some lychee juice. He's a big fan of infusing his own vodkas with different flavors like ginger, pepper, wasabi and fruits. If you like a sweeter drink try the Mango Sidecar with lots of sugar around the rim.

Robin, Mike, Tiff, Andrew (cave), Bert, Kim, and I went to Alamo Drafthouse last night to catch Aeon Flux and I must say, it was alright. The dialouge made me want to slap someone: Who are you? Why do you know me? I don't know who I am anymore. This was a movie comprised of bad lines from The Matrix but all in all, worth the price of admission (with Student ID). I'll post more if I have time, but next week is hell, as I have three lab final exams plus a clinical laboratory final to deal with.


X-mas if you hate Jesus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home