Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hell Week Survivor

You weren't there, you don't know how it was! I just got off of a hell week with a Virology test, a Public Health Lab test, and a Physics test. Overall, I feel I've done pretty well on them, but that remains to be seen in the future weeks. I'm sure I did well on Virology but the lab test is hard to gauge because she grades differently for her favorites. I'm sure you think your professors do that, but let me tell you: we "acquired" a few old tests, and one was from a "favorite" of hers, and the other was a regular student. Because she grades them and not her TAs, she can grade however she wants. On the "favorite" test, there were some obvious omissions and thoroughly wrong answers graded as correct. This is not good for those of us who couldn't give two shits about her and are just trying to get this class over with so we needn't take anymore labs for our major. Either way, I'm friends with a few favorites, so at least I could get a re-grade (hope it doesn't come to that) on that basis. Sure, it would bring their average down, but it would make the whole class go up, which is really something we can all agree on.

In other news, I've been watching the second season of Nip/Tuck which is a drama about plastic surgery (amongst other things) and is pretty addictive (the show, not the surgery). It's getting to the point that the level off drama seems almost too much and un-realistic, but all in all a good show (I was warned against the third season as it's full of cliffhanger endings never resolved in the next episode). Last night Matt, Robin, Kim, and Katie all came over and before Katie came we watched Resident Evil: apocalypse and it was as thin as I remember, but not un-entertaining. We then watched Mind-Hunters, a movie staring Christian Slater (and his pasty ass) and Val Kilmer. However, these two actors were in the movie for maybe the first 20-30 min before they are killed/ leave. Bad but entertaining and LL cool J looks like a body builder in it, making it all the more unbelievable.

Today, I'm going to try and get a bunch of homework done before my brother (Ben) comes into town to visit. I'm going to show him around campus and around Austin. I thought I might come to a few classes with me so he could see how they are. Anyone have any suggestions as to where we should go in Austin? I'll take him by the capitol building and downtown, but anything uniquely Austin that's a must-see I'm forgetting? Everyone have a good weekend and I'll post again on Monday.


Pit stop on the highway to Hell

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I was kinda there. Or at least mistaken for being there...

Did I tell you that the guys you recruited at the coffee shop to come study with you in the UGL (I refuse to call it the FAC) thought I was in virology with y'all?

As I was leaving asked, "Done studying already?" I responded with a polite as possible version of "I'm not crazy enough to be in that class!"

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home