Monday, January 09, 2006

The Rapture

I've been gone to long. I'm changing my tune and coming back in full force. I have some serious resolutions to uphold. I have resolved to change my life. I need a 180 degree turn-around and it starts now. I've changed my studies: I'm taking classes smarter, trying to boost the GPA so I have a shot at medical school this time around. I'm scheduling my life: studies, gym, free time- it's all going into a tight schedule. Speaking of the gym, I'm getting my fat ass in there every single day. Running again, lifting again, hitting the supplements again. I want to look like I did back in my football days when I was in shape. If I work hard, I'll get there and I'll have some help. I'm eating better too. I've cut my caloric intake by half (though I'm drinking a lot more coffee now) and I'm going to do my best to burn more than my intake. I've resolved to cut down on the beer (I figure one a day is good) so I'm switching to scotch or something else mixed and lower.

I hope that as my readers and friends you can help me stick to all this. I want to get in shape and I really really want to boost my GPA to get into medical school next year. I didn't get in for 2006 because of my GPA and if I study really hard I should have a much better shot for the 2007 entering class. I'm going to seriously buckle down in every aspect of my life, I am going to need a lot of self discipline, but I'd appreciate it if everyone could help me keep a head about it. I need to stay on track, so if you see me slipping, I would appreciate you putting me in my place. Conversely, I have a very bad habit of becoming a recluse as was evident from my MCAT semester when I was not having any fun. If you notice me not being around or having fun with anyone, feel free to ask me politely if I'm "out of my fucking mind" and wouldn't mind joining the party.

I plan to really put a lot of effort into my studies and health and I hope it pays off. This is a new semester and there's a lot of potential, like a block of marble waiting to be chiseled into something good. Well, I'm back in Austin tomorrow afternoon and let me tell you, I'm quite ready to do so. I'm anxious to see all my friends and have a few well deserved parties before getting down to business.


Steel yourselves, for the doombringer comes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home