Friday, July 21, 2006

Fine Then!

I've had a few demands made, a few insults thrown. Fine! You want an update, I'll give you one. I finished my two UT summer courses. Right now I'm laboring in the hell that is ACC electricity and magnitism class. The professor, every other day will drone on for -and I shit you not here- four fucking hours of mind-numbing, spirit-crushing boredom the likes of which I've not had in a class in a very very long time. Things are looking up for me, however, as I have been graciously given a job, or rather been tapped as the behind the scenes, under the table, off the books subcontractor for the job of a soul whom I cannot thank enough for letting me gnaw at the table scraps of the $9.50/hr. job that has gotten too large for one full time student to work alone. I'm coming into a stream of cash and that makes me and my incresingly impatient parents, very happy indeed.

I plan on spending a small sum of my money on a new chef's knife. I know just the one I'm getting too. I was thinking of a nice, shiny Wustof but they require twice weekly sharpenings and a run on the diamond every time I use it, whereas the knife I am getting, a Global, is Japanese (unlike the German Wustof) and will stand up better, I think than the heavy german chef's knives. I'm excited by the thought of a new kitchen knife. I think this makes me kind of lame, but it also needs to make you excited, because I will need to try it out on some new dishes, and I need people to try new said dishes.

In other news, I'm going to be the DJ at the Austin Traveler Magazine's "Global Groove and Give" party at Copa Bar and Grill downtown on the 22nd. Copa is a great club and I've been before and the magazine had their opening party there a year ago. There will be some live bands, but I'll be spinning whenever someone's not on stage. I'm going to try and smooze with the owner (maybe try to get a residency?). If you're in the Austin area and like breakbeats and French house, feel free to stop by. The Copa website has directions and I'm sure it will be a blast. The cover at the door is $10 which is a bit steep for an Austin party but all that goes into great international food (it's a travel magazine after all) and stellar drinks. The really great thing about the cover is that the proceeds go towards M.E.D.I.C.O. which helps needy kids in Central America with health care and medical supplies.

There will also be a really neat silent auction with gifts from S. America as well as gifts from local Austin businesses! I've seen a few of the prizes and they look great. Everything from cookbooks to artwork to gift certificates are availible with the proceeds going to help out M.E.D.I.C.O. All in all it should be a neat event and a great night out if you happen to be in the Austin area and want to have fun while you help out your global brothers and sisters. The other bands are an eclectic mix of Russian alt-rock, female blues vocalists, organic beat-heavy jazz, and some other stuff rarely heard. Plus of course, yours-truly on the ones and twos spinning the best in worldwide breakbeats and house.

So I'm also excited about Katie finally turning twenty-two (is it strange that that fact makes me feel a little old?) and is throwing a ninja vs. pirate party. If you don't know by now what I'm going as, you need to pull your head out from whatever corner of your anatomy it might be lurking and look around... oh, that's right... you won't be able to see me... coz I'm TEN NINJAS. I'm much like the fabled Chuck Norris, If you can see me, then I can see you. If you cannot see me, then you may be only seconds from death!

Some people from the LBJ school of public affairs (the future politicians and policy makers, keep in mind) are throwing a boxer-lingerie party and hopefully after I'm done spining records, I can take off my clothes and have a few drinks in the privacy and comfort of someone else's home. This will, in fact, mark my fourth boxer-lingerie party and I hope I can stay longer at this one than the last (I had MCATs in the morning, so no drinking for me) and have some good fun. I will be sleeping most of tomorrow if I can, so I feel well rested and ready to play out for the first time (you have no idea how nervous I am at the moment).

So I've updated -read and be satisfied my literate public. I promise I will update again on Sunday (though late, for obvious recovery reasons) and tell everyone of the great parties, food, dancing, and debauchery that weekends in summer are supposed to be about. Have a good one.


Take this job and shove it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

that rocked :)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://srdyyvhi.com/eayn/xoej.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pikanlze.com/dxgy/hkgs.html]Cool site[/url]

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://srdyyvhi.com/eayn/xoej.html | http://eucuuark.com/ltrq/wcrs.html

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home