Saturday, March 11, 2006

Travel Time

I'm in Dallas as I'm typing and the drive was actually really smooth. I made it in really good time, with very little traffic. I'm really stoked about the trip, it seems everything is going to work out really well. I just hope we can pull it all together in the last few days. Matt is down in Houston; Katie's got her mom in town; Kim's busy (she got into gradschool); and Robin, Julie, and I are in different cities. We're going to try to pull it all together (set itinerary, buy food, pack clothes, set directions) on Tuesday. We're going to leave very early on Wed. so as to make good time. Matt is bringing his GPS locator so we should have no problem getting to our destinations. Just in case we do, however, we have a new tool that Kim found!

I'm pretty impressed with Google on this one: Google's Send-To-Phone. You highlight text on any webpage and click the icon on the toolbar. The text will then be placed into a text message(s) that you send to any phone number. The only problem is that you need to know the cellular carrier. But the really nice thing is that we can text directions to everywhere we go and have it on our phones. I need to get ahold of some walkie-talkies so we can communicate between cars when there might not be cell towers out there.

I'm tired and I don't know if anyone's in town, and I don't know if I feel like going out but we shall see. I think I'm going to start homebrewing my own beer when I get back. What do you want to drink - Pale ale? Lambic (fruit) ale? Belgian ale? Scottish ale? Porter? Imperial Rusian Stout? Get back to me and we'll brew and have a party when it's done!


Hit the road, Jack...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home