Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Diver Down

Back again, I'm feeling pretty much normal. I've been busy with my schoolwork as of late and of the 4 tests, I'm proud to say that I recived 3 A's and 1 B. All over, not too shabby. We finally got together and decided on a trip for spring break (in only a week and a half) this year. We (by we I mean Katie, Matt, Robin, Julie, Kim, Tiffany, and I) decided to head out to west Texas, specifically Balmorhea. There's a pool out in the middle of the desert about 2 acres big and 78 degrees year round. Julie (possibly Tiffany) and I will go SCUBA diving and everyone else will get a chance to swim in the crystal 30 foot deep water. We also plan to ride horses, visit a few wineries (Blue Mountain and St. Genevieve), see the modern art galleries in Marfa, see the Marfa Lights, see the McDonald Observatory (which UT owns) in Ft. Davis, and perhaps go to Big Bend for a while. I can hardly wait and I'm just counting down the days until we leave! We're staying the 15th through the 19th so it should be plenty long to see and do everything. This trip will most likely be team blogged by Kim, Katie, Matt and myself starting soon to be published (at least on the web) by the Austin Traveler Magazine (the publication Kim and Katie work for). We're really geared up for the trip, though getting there will be kinda boring (hopefully music will help) as the drive is 6-8 hrs from Austin.

In other news, I got myself a wonderful deal on some Sennheiser HD280 pro DJ headphones which retail for about 100-200 bucks but I was very very very lucky. I went to my local (there's only one in Austin) Guitar Center and found that lo and behold they had a used pair for $50!! I tested them out on the DJ gear they had in the back and they worked like a dream. So I'm happy about that purchase, but I'm still looking for a cheap SCUBA regulator as I thought I gound one on Craigslist, but alas, it was sold off to someone less deserving, I'm sure. My father and youngest brother are coming down on Friday and I'm really trying to make my place look presentable for their visit. They're not here to see me (when does my family do that?) but rather for Ben to see Explore UT as our open-house of all the cool things that get done here at the University. I really hope he comes to UT as that would be pretty exciting and make a great excuse for me to visit Austin all the damned time! I'll keep this updated more as spring break draws closer and I'll link to the Travel Blog so anyone who wants to can see the progress of our trip!


Holy diver, you been down so long...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Blogging team powers activate! Form of ..... Humour!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://ndglgtnd.com/ggzn/uxyq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bkmgbpgq.com/hthg/xlla.html]Cool site[/url]

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://ndglgtnd.com/ggzn/uxyq.html | http://osgexyni.com/vijb/yyrh.html

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home