Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring Has Sprung

I had a great time over spring break and I hope everyone checked the other blog to see what we did and how we did it. I thank all the people that went with me and helped it go off beautifully, you made it very special. This week back has been test-ful and next week proves more of the same, though if Kim and Lisa are there to help me whith art history, that's one less thing I need to worry about. The proffessor gave us the test on Wednesday for Human Sexuality, so that's two tests down. Now all I need worry about is Metabolism and Biochemistry of Microorganisms on thursday. If anyone is interested in hearing a talk about the use of microbes for cleaning up: oil spills, naturally-occuring oil spills, and the upcoming change from oil to ethanol (we'll all be using it soon with a quick trip to the mechanic to change a chip in your car's computer) then come hear my proffessor (Dr. Dennis Schneider - Vice-President of Micro-Bac International)on Wednesday, March 29th at 6 p.m. in PHR 2.108. He's a really funny guy and a great speaker. He knows a lot about this business and really cares about cleaning up mistakes made by a lot of fat-cats.

In other news, I went to Guitar Center to buy a little LED light for my mixer and ran into DJ Michaelangelo (he's the 40 something father of Austin breakbeat and house music back when the shows at SKY downtown were a blast to go to) who was working there as a manager in the DJ section. He told me about an upcoming show that I'd love you all to join me at:


It's only $7 at the door and free if we get there before 9pm. It goes until 3am but I doubt if we'll stay that long. There should be 16 DJs out there, so we will have a good variety of music. One of the groups, Gir and Byrd are the team-up of Rocky Rodd (DJ Gir) and Daniel Byrd, the two that practically invented RocknBass, an offshoot of DrumnBass that has amazing guitar riffs and very beat-heavy rock influences, so I think it's got a little something for everybody.


Spring into action!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home